“Believe, Motivate, Succeed” is the mission of Buford Middle School. The primary focus of this mission is to serve all students and to have high expectations of the students, families, and staff members. Our students and faculty continue to work towards meeting these expectations, as is evident through the honors and recognitions Buford Middle School has received.
- CCRPI Score - The 2018 Buford Middle School CCRPI score is 93.4, which is among the top scores in the state. The state of Georgia average for middle schools is 76.6. Additionally, Buford Middle School's current School Climate Rating is 5 stars, the highest rating possible.
- Niche Report - The 2019 Niche Report has ranked Buford Middle School #1 on the "Best Public Middle Schools in Georgia" report among 531 schools for the second year in a row. Additionally, it ranked Buford Middle School #1 on the "Middle Schools with the Best Teachers in Georgia" report among 520 schools. The current overall Niche Grade for Buford Middle School is an A+.
- Blue Ribbon School of Excellence - Buford Middle School has been recognized as a 2017 Blue Ribbon School of Excellence.
- Platinum Award for Greatest Gains - The Governor's Office of Student Achievement recognized Buford Middle School as a Platinum Award winner in the 2017 Single Statewide Accountability System. This award is in the area of greatest gains for exhibiting high growth in student achievement and was accomplished by being in the top 1% of schools in the state over the last 3 years.
- Highest Performing Title I Reward School - Buford Middle School has been recognized as a 2018 Highest Performing Title I Reward School by the Georgia Department of Education.