BMS Digital Students
Updated July 31, 2020
We are happy to serve you as a digital learner for the first semester. We appreciate your patience as we work to collect all of the materials you will need to be able to stay engaged at home. Below are some details of our Digital Learning Plan that will help to get your family ready to begin the 2020-21 school year.
- Student Schedules will be available in PowerSchool on Thursday, August 6th. Remember that schedules are subject to change for balancing classes; however, we are not able to accommodate parent/student requests for changes. Your teachers will likely be the same ones you will have if/when you come to school in January, but we cannot guarantee it.
- Virtual “Open House” for ALL STUDENTS will be available on Friday, August 7th, by 3:00 p.m.
- Families will need to make arrangements to pick up your materials (Chromebook, Agenda, workbooks, etc) on our designated dates and times. Details are available below.
- The first day of school is on Wednesday, August 12th, and students will be expected to be logged into computers and engaged with teachers and other students throughout the school day. Details and directions will be available at our Virtual Open House and Device Pick Up.
- Several documents are available below to help you navigate digital learning at Buford Middle School. These documents include FAQ and pick-up information for digital learning materials.
- Please check back as we continue to refine our digital learning initiative.
- Friday, August 7 - 7:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m. in the BMS Aux Gym (see map below for further details; Updated July 29)
- Monday, August 10 - 12:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. in the BMS Aux Gym (see map below for further details; Updated July 29)
- Please refer to the Digital Distribution Procedures document (see below) for a map indicating where families should park and pick up materials.
- Families should plan to follow the signs on the sidewalk to the entrance of the Aux gym.
- Please observe social distancing (cones will be set out as reminders) and bring a mask.
- After families enter the Aux gym, BMS staff will be available to guide families through the process.