Buford Middle School Car Rider Information
For the safety of our children and staff, please help us by abiding by the UPDATED drop off/pick up expectations.
Drop Off and Pick Up Times and Lots
Click on the map to the right for an expanded view of each lot.
Morning Drop Off:
- Lot A - Visitor Parking and Car Rider Lanes
- 7:00 - 7:30 Use double lanes.
- Lot B - Teacher Parking and Bus Lanes (in front of building)
- 7:00 - 7:15 Reserved for teacher parking and unloading of buses.
- 7:15 - 7:30 May be used for car rider drop off in single lane.
NOTE: After 7:30, please pull under the portico in Lot A
and walk in with you child.
Afternoon Pick Up:
All afternoon pick up will take place in Lot A using double lanes. Please do not use Lot B.
Car Rider Expectations for Students and Parents
Students are asked to abide by the following safety precautions.
1. Watch closely for their ride.
No one will call students' names. They are responsible for locating their cars and getting into it quickly and safely.
2. Refrain from using cell phones.
Cell phones must be put away at all times during car riders. If students need to make a phone call, there are phones in the office.
3. Refrain from running or horseplay.
We have several students crowded into a small space with moving cars. It is essential for safety that all students remain calm.
4. Stand behind the red line.
The lines create a safe distance from the moving cars and allow students a space to walk when it is time to enter their cars.
5. Wait until cars are fully stopped before entering the roadway.
6. If students are not able to get to their cars in time, they should walk to the parking spaces and meet their ride there.
Once the cars have started moving, it is too late to step out into the road. Even if a parent stops the car and motions for students to get in, students MAY NOT. Students must walk down to the parking spaces and meet their rides there.
Parents are asked to abide by the following safety precautions.
1. Refrain from using cell phones.
For the safety of our students, please refrain from any distractions while in line.
2. Keep the entrance for Lot B (teacher parking and bus lanes) open for teachers and buses only until 7:15. This entrance may be used as a single line drop off after 7:15.
3. Observe the following procedures for Robert Bell Parkway (RBP):
- Reduce speed to 25 mph.
- Be prepared to stop at the crosswalks when the lights are flashing.
- Avoid dropping off or picking up students from RBP at any time.
- Limit turns onto RBP to from parking lots to right turns only.
- Keep turn lanes into the Lot B (teacher parking and bus lanes) open. Please do not wait or park in these lanes.
Thank you so much for your help reviewing these expectations for our students' safety!