Car Rider Information
For the safety of our children and staff, please help us by abiding by the 2019-2020 drop off/pick up expectations. Also, please note:
- Supervision of students begins at 7:00 a.m.
- Students are released to class at 7:15 a.m.
- Students are counted tardy after 7:30 a.m.
- The dismissal process begins at 2:40
Students are asked to abide by the following safety precautions.
1. Watch closely for their ride.
No one will call students' names. They are responsible for locating their cars and getting into it quickly and safely.
2. Refrain from using cell phones.
Cell phones and smart watches must be put away at all times during car riders (see page 2 of the student agenda). If students need to make a phone call, there are phones in the office.
3. Refrain from running or horseplay.
We have several students crowded into a small space with moving cars. It is essential for safety that all students remain calm.
4. Stand behind the red line.
The lines create a safe distance from the moving cars and allow students a space to walk when it is time to enter their cars.
5. Wait until cars are fully stopped before entering the roadway.
6. If students are not able to get to their cars in time, they should walk to the parking spaces and meet their ride there.
Once the cars have started moving, it is too late to step out into the road. Even if a parent stops the car and motions for students to get in, students MAY NOT. Students must walk down to the parking spaces and meet their rides there.
Parents are asked to abide by the following safety precautions.
1. Refrain from using cell phones.
For the safety of our students, please refrain from any distractions while in line.
2. Observe the following procedures for Sawnee Avenue:
- Reduce speed to 25 mph.
- Be prepared to stop at the crosswalks when the lights are flashing.
- Avoid dropping off or picking up students from Sawnee Avenue at any time.
3. Follow all directions of the staff during drop off and pick up.